Re: Contract Central Stations

> I was thinking about this the other day and am wondering?  How does a
> contract central station answer their phones?  Do they use the name of the
> alarm company or their own name?

It depends on the central station.  I ran a small central station
alarm company for many years.  In addition to our own accounts I
also monitored for a few smaller dealers.  I wrote software to
display the name and account information in screen when calls
came in.  We would answer the phone with the name of the
installing alarm company if Caller ID was received and if it was
a known caller.  Otherwise we would answer as "Northeastern
Security".

Most of the time the CS is making the calls rather than receiving
them.  When they call a protected premises or a key holder most
identify them selves using the installing company's name.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large
groups.