Re: Internet Communicators

--------------020207080905000901040602

But will it communicate via Internet?  By not including the Cellular or
any other networks we can keep the monitoring costs down more.  It's not
that they need a "backup", this is mostly for Primary for those who
don't have phone but have internet and don't want to pay for a Radio.
I'd like to see a bare-bones internet communicator (no proprietary
receiver) for under $150 to be more affordable for those people trying
to "save" money using VOIP services.  The equipment should be cheap so
we can all bask in the recurring monitoring revenue :)    Unfortunately
the equipment manufacturers don't get that recurring so they have to
up-their-prices.

Mark Leuck wrote:

>I just got in both TG-1 and TG-4 to test, they now support SIA unlike the
>TG-100
>
>"Bob Worthy" <securinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>

>>They are slowly getting people to change over to the TG-4 Digital as a
>>replacement for the TG-100 before the Feb. 2008 deadline. There is a small
>>price increase of maybe 20-25 dollars.
>>
>>"Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>

>>>I'm not sure how much longer the TG-100 will be out, they now have the
>>>

>>TG-1
>>

>>>and TG-4, the TG-4 is similar to the old TG-100 and the TG-1 is like an
>>>Uplink 1500
>>>
>>>"Bob La Londe" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>panel
>

>>>that

>>when

>works
>

>>>for

>is

>>Telular

>across

>>are

>>I've

>box

>>should

>>Pulse

>so

>the

>The

>kissed-off.

>>the

>the

>least

>the

>via

>We

>>(replace

>>an

>can

>>C/S

>>it

>>done

--------------020207080905000901040602

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
But will it communicate via Internet?&nbsp; By not including the Cellular or
any other networks we can keep the monitoring costs down more.&nbsp; It's
not that they need a "backup", this is mostly for Primary for those who
don't have phone but have internet and don't want to pay for a Radio.&nbsp;
I'd like to see a bare-bones internet communicator (no proprietary
receiver) for under $150 to be more affordable for those people trying
to "save" money using VOIP services.&nbsp; The equipment should be cheap so
we can all bask in the recurring monitoring revenue :)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Unfortunately
the equipment manufacturers don't get that recurring so they have to
up-their-prices.<br>
Mark Leuck wrote:
  <pre wrap="">I just got in both TG-1 and TG-4 to test, they now support SIA unlike the
TG-100

"Bob Worthy" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:securinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>&lt;securinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;</a> wrote in message
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:Y_CNf.13979$Pv1.11525@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>news:Y_CNf.13979$Pv1.11525@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</a>...
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">They are slowly getting people to change over to the TG-4 Digital as a
replacement for the TG-100 before the Feb. 2008 deadline. There is a small
price increase of maybe 20-25 dollars.

"Mark Leuck" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:m..leuck@xxxxxxxxxxx";>&lt;m..leuck@xxxxxxxxxxx&gt;</a> wrote in message
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:-vSdnUyrBYg23JvZRVn-vg@xxxxxxxxxxx";>news:-vSdnUyrBYg23JvZRVn-vg@xxxxxxxxxxx</a>...
    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">I'm not sure how much longer the TG-100 will be out, they now have the
      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">TG-1
    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">and TG-4, the TG-4 is similar to the old TG-100 and the TG-1 is like an
Uplink 1500

"Bob La Londe" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>&lt;usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;</a> wrote in message
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:fY2dnbQPKfoylJvZnZ2dnUVZ_s6dnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxx";>news:fY2dnbQPKfoylJvZnZ2dnUVZ_s6dnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxx</a>...
      </pre>
        <pre wrap="">The Napco Netlink Module does trigger activated reporting for any
        </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->panel
  </pre>
      <pre wrap="">that
      </pre>
        <pre wrap="">has trigger outputs.  I can tell you more about it in a couple months
        </pre>
    <pre wrap="">when
    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">I
      </pre>
        <pre wrap="">finish the alarm in my new house as I intend to play with one.  It
        </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->works
  </pre>
      <pre wrap="">for
      </pre>
        <pre wrap="">network reporting a lot like the Uplink 1500 works for cellular.  Not
wonderful, but ok as a backup only.  For Napco 3200, 9600 and 255 it
        </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->is
  </pre>
        <pre wrap="">supposed to be able to do full reporting.

I assume you are looking for something that just plugs in like the
        </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Telular
    </pre>
        <pre wrap="">TG-100 does for cellular and reports full CID or 4 X2.  If I run
        </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->across
  </pre>
        <pre wrap="">something I'll sure let you know.

"Joe Lucia" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>&lt;joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;</a> wrote in message
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:120btire0vviv52@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>news:120btire0vviv52@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</a>...
        </pre>
          <pre wrap="">I am getting hit with more requests for Internet Communicators that
          </pre>
    <pre wrap="">are
    </pre>
          <pre wrap="">not specific to an Alarm Panel.  All of the Internet Communicators
          </pre>
    <pre wrap="">I've
    </pre>
          <pre wrap="">seen are specific to a manufacturers panels (and receiver
hardware/software) which makes it difficult to support all of the
different internet communicators out there.

What I think we want is a "plug-n-play" internet communicator.  I.e.
Unplug the Alarm Panels RJ31X connector from the phone jack, plug it
into an Internet Communicator box, plug the Internet Communicator
          </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->box
  </pre>
          <pre wrap="">into an Ethernet hub, walk away (no reprogramming of alarm panel
          </pre>
    <pre wrap="">should
    </pre>
          <pre wrap="">be necessary assuming it is already doing a standard Contact ID or
          </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Pulse
    </pre>
          <pre wrap="">format).  The Internet Communicator should have a unique identifier
          </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->so
  </pre>
          <pre wrap="">the C/S can attach it to an internal Account Number (regardless of
          </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->the
  </pre>
          <pre wrap="">account number and phone number programmed into the alarm panel).
          </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->The
  </pre>
          <pre wrap="">panel will pickup the phone line, hear dialtone (from the Internet
Communicator), dial, get a handshake, communicate, and get
          </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->kissed-off.
  </pre>
          <pre wrap="">The Internet Communicator would then send the kissed-off signals to
          </pre>
    <pre wrap="">the
    </pre>
          <pre wrap="">Central Station via TCP on the Internet connection.  If a connection
          </pre>
    <pre wrap="">to
    </pre>
          <pre wrap="">the C/S cannot be established via TCP then it should not kiss-off
          </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->the
  </pre>
          <pre wrap="">panel causing a COMM
FAIL message (just like a phone line failure would).  The Internet
connection to the C/S should be supervised periodically (like at
          </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->least
  </pre>
          <pre wrap="">once every four hours).  Any other features I'm forgetting?  Maybe
          </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->the
  </pre>
          <pre wrap="">ability to control a few Outputs on the module to be controllable
          </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->via
  </pre>
          <pre wrap="">the C/S Dealer Web Access?

Has anyone run into an Internet Communicator with this capability.
          </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->We
  </pre>
          <pre wrap="">do this exact scenario with the AES Radio and IntelliTap module
          </pre>
    <pre wrap="">(replace
    </pre>
          <pre wrap="">phoneline with radio without having to re-program account numbers or
phone numbers in the alarm panel), but I haven't seen a solution for
          </pre>
    <pre wrap="">an
    </pre>
          <pre wrap="">Internet Communicator.  I'm almost done with an output module that
          </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->can
  </pre>
          <pre wrap="">be used on any AES IntelliNet radio to control a few outputs via the
          </pre>
    <pre wrap="">C/S
    </pre>
          <pre wrap="">Web Interface (for remotely resetting a fire panel or even as a
keyswitch arm/disarm for any panel).

I've already ordered parts to make an Internet Communicator bases on
these specifications since I haven't found anything like it already
available.  If anyone is out there that can build or knows of an
existing one I'd like to hear.  I'm not in the hardware business but
          </pre>
    <pre wrap="">it
    </pre>
          <pre wrap="">looks like I may be if I can't find someone else who will do or has
          </pre>
    <pre wrap="">done
    </pre>
          <pre wrap="">it already.