Internet Communicators

I am getting hit with more requests for Internet Communicators that are
not specific to an Alarm Panel.  All of the Internet Communicators I've
seen are specific to a manufacturers panels (and receiver
hardware/software) which makes it difficult to support all of the
different internet communicators out there.

What I think we want is a "plug-n-play" internet communicator.  I.e.
Unplug the Alarm Panels RJ31X connector from the phone jack, plug it
into an Internet Communicator box, plug the Internet Communicator box
into an Ethernet hub, walk away (no reprogramming of alarm panel should
be necessary assuming it is already doing a standard Contact ID or Pulse
format).  The Internet Communicator should have a unique identifier so
the C/S can attach it to an internal Account Number (regardless of the
account number and phone number programmed into the alarm panel).  The
panel will pickup the phone line, hear dialtone (from the Internet
Communicator), dial, get a handshake, communicate, and get kissed-off.
The Internet Communicator would then send the kissed-off signals to the
Central Station via TCP on the Internet connection.  If a connection to
the C/S cannot be established via TCP then it should not kiss-off the
panel causing a COMM
FAIL message (just like a phone line failure would).  The Internet
connection to the C/S should be supervised periodically (like at least
once every four hours).  Any other features I'm forgetting?  Maybe the
ability to control a few Outputs on the module to be controllable via
the C/S Dealer Web Access?

Has anyone run into an Internet Communicator with this capability.  We
do this exact scenario with the AES Radio and IntelliTap module (replace
phoneline with radio without having to re-program account numbers or
phone numbers in the alarm panel), but I haven't seen a solution for an
Internet Communicator.  I'm almost done with an output module that can
be used on any AES IntelliNet radio to control a few outputs via the C/S
Web Interface (for remotely resetting a fire panel or even as a
keyswitch arm/disarm for any panel).

I've already ordered parts to make an Internet Communicator bases on
these specifications since I haven't found anything like it already
available.  If anyone is out there that can build or knows of an
existing one I'd like to hear.  I'm not in the hardware business but it
looks like I may be if I can't find someone else who will do or has done
it already.