Re: How Many Years Have You Been in the Industry?

Robert Campbell wrote:
> I think you have hit on a good thing there. I know just setting up my own
> system was major daunting, and while doing so, I thought that someone with
> this expertise could make a decent buck simply assisting people with this
> sometimes arduous chore. Locally, I only know of one company that does this
> and only because they sell all the equipment needed for home entertainment.
> And if it leads into selling the hardware, so much the better.
>
> If I wasn't looking to "phase out", this would definately be a market worth
> looking at.......

I was thinking that your son might be interested. I know that I think
it's really great fun to set these systems up. This is something the
client really WANTS. It does take a lot of patience to teach them how
to use the systems but you're getting paid by the hour to teach them.

By the way, as far as selling the equipment goes, I'm not going to get
involved with that. I think it's better to stay free and clear of
providing equipment for two reasons. One .... any popular brand that
you might provide can be purchased on the Internet by the end user at
your prices.  Two, any "Dealer Only" available equipment will always
remain YOURS. No matter what goes wrong with it or is "percieved" to be
wrong with it, means that YOU're going out on service calls for a very
subjective item. "My speakers don't sound basey enough." "My left rear
speaker is too squawky" "My woofer isn't woofy enough." That's why I
offer to go with them to by THEIR equipment. When it breaks, they can
bring it back to Best Buy ...... themselves. You're out of the loop and
out doing the next installation. It's really great to see the smiles
when you do the demos too.