Re: Average Response Time

Dear Lucia,

In Monitoring (whether it be COPS or someone else) there are two issues
that can give information on the performance of the CMS.

The first issue is the Responce time. This is the time it takes for the
opperator to just pick up the alarm. So when an alarm drops into the
window of the automation to the time that the opperator picks up the
the event is the responce time. Some people may consider that 12.55
seconds is too long... "What are they waiting for?". But considering
the fact that the opperator will have many more alarms (for example
late closing or early opening), this responce time (if it is true) is
actually good.

The second issue is the action time. This is the time it takes from
receiving the signal to the time the operator clicks on "save event".
This time gives you the idea of how long it takes for the operator to
complete all listed calls (or completing the "to do" list) and finally
click on save. So COPS must also inform of their action time. Because
just responding to an alarm and pending it does not give true values.

I have been trying to find a mathematical relation between these two
figures and have found some for some countries. Unfortunately the US is
not on my list as the service type differs from CMS to CMS.

I hope this gives you some idea on the situation. Good luck.