NetworX Panel Failures

I've run across several instances in the past months where NetworX
panels (NX-6 and NX-8) have failed for unknown reasons. One instance
was when the dailer relay failed and caused continuity between the tip
and ring, nulling the phone line to the residence. Another's symptoms
were the aux and keybus outputs were dead. Good power going in, none
coming out. And even another panel would "eat" transformers. Installed
a new transformer and the next day found it melted like a Salvador Dali
clock.  The only common denominator was that they were all Caddx panels
and their problems happened overnight with no evidence to what caused
the problem.

Can anyone help me out? I ask this mainly because my boss asks me
"why?" and I can only shrug my shoulders and suggest that it was a
"friday board".