Re: Video Survilance Suggestions?

One other suggestion is to use WIRED cameras.  I have never been satisfied
with the quality of the image and poor range for the wireless ones such as
from X10.   Especially if you want to make them scanable views.  It turns
the antenna on the camera so it is no longer towards your reciever.  Also I
have had a problem that the cameras fail whenever I turn on the microwave or
walk anywhere between the camera and reciever.  Just not worth the money in
my opinion.  I have a few just gathering dust in the basement.

The movement platforms are the NINJI units from X10.  While they are made to
handle the small lightweight X10 wireless cameras, I have been able to
modify the mounting so they work with the larger commercial cameras without
problems.

You can see the quality in the video's on my site.  Even then, there are a
couple that I have to reset the focus but even then the views are pretty
good.

--

Don

www.k9soa.net

Home of JEANNIE
The House That Listens
As appeared on HGTV
 and in Home Automation, Kentucky Living magazines

Have some fun and come visit and turn my lights on and off.

Over 10,000 visitors since January 2005
Over 25,000 since May 2003