Re: Ademco Vista-15 Install Manual

"Robert L Bass" wrote in message >
>> you can justify your stuffing electric device cabinets
> > with paper any way you want...
>
> I never said anything about stuffing electrical cabinets with
> paper.  I said I leave the manuals inside the low voltage alarm
> cabinet.

"I leave" as is present tense? (click file, save DBPR, Robert L Bass)

> You don't, but then again, I also don't lock my
> customers out of their own systems like some people do.

"I also don't lock my customer out" as in present tense?  (click file, save
DBPR, Robert L Bass)

 >That's the only reason you won't give the customer *his* manual

I am sure they all get the manual for what they are and that is the user. As
in USERS MANUAL.

or the
> programming code to *his* system.

 I am sure they get the programming code for what they are, and that is the
user or subscriber, to provide them access to what is referred to as,
SUBSCRIBER LEVEL PROGRAMMING. Try reading sometime and more importantly
interpet and and understand what you are reading.

> Try to justify your lack of
> ethics by claiming you're worried about fire all you want.

So let me get this straight. You say that because someone is worried about a
potential fire hazzard, they are wrong or have a lack of ethics because they
don't put a combustible into an area that may (for what ever reason) have a
potential for fire. Why is metal can required? Why do all pentrations and
ends of conduit require fire caulk? Is so fire cannot get into the can or is
it so that fire can not get out of the can? I would be interested in seeing
your response to these questions. How does being proacitve equate to lack of
ethics? I'll bet you store your gas cans next to your hot water heat. But
what the hell, they are both gas, what could it hurt. With your line of
thinking here, nothing will happen because you are so ethical.  This may be
another one for the "bASS Book of Knowledge"

> We
> both know you're just an alarm dealer sticking around to stand behind your
work and...

> ... grab as much money as you can.

Someone outside the *real*  industry doesn't know how hard that is these
days when everything is free. I don't see bASS having to compete with that
marketing philosophy in his business. He just has to contend with cease and
desists orders, the DBPR, and the BBB.