Re: Radionics Software Question

>Bocsh's secured web site
Last time I checked it just had advertising logos and icons. No real tech
stuff yet. Most times they just mail the RPS upgrades.
To become a BCSD is it usually a minimum of $50K in any major city of IFAS
and or $150K of CCTV or a combo of the two that exceeds $200 (for a BCSD in
a large city). The minimum is usually $12K a year for a small market area.
If you miss the numbers for one year they don't get worried. More than one?
Could be problems. Being a Bosch dealer brings in a lot of business almost
automatically from all the places it's already spec'd in.
Everyone has to start somewhere. If you are a one man show now then you need
to know if you have the desire to expand. Along with the desire you need the
capital. Bosch is one of the worst about offering financial terms a dealer
can live with. If you get much beyond $25K they really start to squeak and
you can't get much else out of them. If you have a big job it usually limits
what you can bite off at one time. I say that to contrast them with GE who
will finance just about anything for almost as long as you want.
If your are a technician that likes hands on challenges then Bosch has it
going there (mostly in the CCTV world now). The IFAS products now are
getting a little long in the tooth since they are basically 1996 designs.
Some folks think of Bosch and BCSD as "elite". It might be better to think
of it as elite in the sense of limited distribution, rather than as elite in
the feature set sense.
If you're afraid of not making it as a BCSD and losing the Bosch product
line, don't be. You just go on repair status and you can keep what you sold
running.
If your goal is to stay small (and there is nothing wrong with that) Bosch
is probably not a good fit.