Re: "My alarm is making a noise"

<chasbo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote...
> Things that make noises that customers think are caused by the Alarm
> System:
>
> 1.  Cell phones.
> 2.  Battery operated smoke detectors.
> 3.  Battery operated tape recorders whose tape is at end of
> line and motor still running.
> 4.  Stuck doorbells.
> 5.  Battery operated/plug-in carbon monoxide detectors.
> 6.  Alarm clock radios.
> 7.  Kitchen stoves, refrigerators, microwave ovens.
> 8.  Recently purchased smoke detectors or smoke detectors
> recently removed from service, and placed in closets, bags, etc. -
> with batteries still inside the units.
> 9.  Computer standby power supplies warning of low battery.
>
> Anything else?

TV, VCR, DVD, stereo, etc, etc, etc remote controls.

Had one last week where the motion detector in the living room was beeping.
Told them motions don't beep.  They tell me it does.  So I go down there and
find the TV is under the motion, and one of its many remotes (replaced by a
universal remote) is next to the TV and is beeping for (i assume) a low
battery.