Re: Can car alarm be set off by cell phone?

My brother-in-law installed his own home alarm system (he's an electrical
engineer), but he didn't use shielded wire, just some stuff he had lying
around.  His alarm would periodically "arm itself" while he was, maybe,
napping in the recliner.  When he got up to go to bed, whammo, the alarm
would go off.  This happened several times, until he finally realized that
it was coincident with his neighbor running his ham radios next door.

Rather than the cell phone sending a frequency the alarm recognizes, could
it just be an electromagnetic field from the phone energizing the car's
wiring?