Re: DAm wire Keeps going up....

Tommy wrote:
> Pass it on. and gaurd what you have. we've been having a lot of wire
> theft locally. one group got very bold recently and stole about 200
> feet of 500mcm from a job site. they had to pull it out over the
> weekend and make off with it. it was already installed.
> --
>

> J Barnes wrote:

Reminds me of something that happened to me back in the 70's during an
increase in copper prices.

I owned a 60year old multi family dwelling. While collecting rent from
one of my tennants, he mentioned that a couple of times, someone was
coming around the apartment house at night and making noises against
the house and out back by the garage. He'd called the police but they
never found anyone. I looked around and didn't notice anything broken
or missing. I didn't think anything more about it. That is, until then
next time I went to the apartment building while it was raining. The
driveway, usually puddle free, was loaded with water. Looking up it
became clear what has happened.  Seems they were coming to the house to
take down the copper leaders as far up as they could reach on the house
and all the leaders and gutters off the garage.

Damn!