Re: meter reader was: How does one find employees, including trainees?

> Using your own analogy, If you didn't know what the
> tach on your bike meant when it reached 7,000 rpm
> you would probably push it to 10,000 and blow
> something up, brag about it or both.

Wrong again.  Even if I didn't know how the tachometer works (actually, I'm
not 100% sure how it works) I still know from reading the manual that I'm
supposed to keep it under 7,000 rpms.  The same is true of the tire gauge.
I know the tires can fail early if left underinflated.  I'm not certain why
but I read the manual and I believe what it says.  So I keep the engine
under 7,000 rpms and I make sure the tires are properly inflated.  My bike
seems to appreciate it.  :^)

> similarly, if you don't know what ohm's are do you
> really know how to read a meter...

Hmm.  Now you're changing the focus (taking lessons from Olson?) to dodge
the fact that you're wrong.  I didn't say he doesn't need to know what an
Ohm is.  I said he doesn't need to know Ohm's law.

> You can probably get by, but that is different
> than knowing what you are doing

I've been "getting by" just fine for more than a quarter century in this
business.  So far I've rarely used Ohm's law to calculate anything.  In
fact, the most recent time I used it I made a mistake but it didn't affect
anything other than my pride.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass