Re: Window Foil vs. Glass Breaks

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 18:34:45 -0400, "SecurityNovice" <nospam@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Aside from the labor costs of putting up window foil, is there any advantage
>to it over glass break sensors and window bugs?  I am guessing that the
>window foil went out as glass breaks gained a solid reputation.

Window foil is dead because:

.5> The labor time involved (you knew that)

1> No one knows how to do it anymore ( Badenov and Jim have one foot
in the grave and the other on a banana peel ;-)))

2> It gets torn often during the day by some bratty kid so:
	a> can not be fixed in a timely manner (see "1")
	b> Causes the 'ready' light to go out
	c> your techs are pissed to go on a service call @ 6:00 PM
because the store can't arm.

3> A glassbreak detector backed up by a motion works better.

--

-Graham

remove the double 'e' to email me.