Re: How does one find employees, including trainees?

cs_posting@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Mike Sokoly wrote:
>
>>Gotta agree with ya Tom!
>>Why does the NY State License Class and State exam Teach AND TEST you
>>for Basic Electricity including Ohm's Law? So you're OVER-qualified?
>>Apparently they think it's important enough to LEARN for Security and
>>Fire Licensing!
>

> No, because it a moderately relevant topic which leads to problems
> easily included on an exam.
Who's opinion is that? YOURS? Did you write the exam questions? Do you
administer the test?

   It's not on their because you really need
> to know it, it's on there to test your intelligence

Sorry jackass- it's there to test your Knowledge and how to apply it to
your installations!
  - "this will be on
> the test, so learn it
No-- this is a necessary part of electricity that you should understand
and know how to use.
  - now we'll see if you did"

True
   If you aren't able
> to handle that "test" assignment, they don't want you tackling the
> challenges of real world problems.
True, Again. To add to it- I don't want you tackling the challenges
related to Ohm's Law Applications when it comes to FIRE!

> I don't see any problem with teaching material like this to trainees
> and testing them on it as part of a job-inspired intelligence test.
What are you- the "Instruction Police"?
The State Mandates to me the course content and the curriculum.

> But that is very different than expecting them to know it when they
> initially apply
Again, I agree
- it's largely unimportant and gets minimal attention
> in school,

Maybe in Grade and High School, but not where I teach! It's a part of
every Apprentice, Masters, Journeyman, Security and Fire Course we teach.
  but it's not a complicated idea,

Guess Again- I rountinely am confronted by LICENSED MASTER ELECTRICIANS
who can't understand ratio's, proportions, Kirchoff's, Ohms, Battry
Calculations- I can go on.
  so an intelligent person
> should be able to pick it up with a little instruction.
A very one sided, uninformed, and obviously uneducated opinion.