Building a Central Station

Greets,

Y'all have been a big help in the past so I hope that you'll come
through again.

My boss has handed me the R&D project of spec-ing/pricing out what it
would take to build our own monitoring station.  I've found out a few
basics such as UL approved building and phone systems.... but I haven't
a clue as to where to go from here.  Is there a guide to planning these
things?

Here are some basics.

1. From looking at some of the national monitoring center's websites I
want to provide the same services they do.  Alarm monitoring, video
monitoring, etc. etc.  What equipment will handle this?

2. # of phone lines vs. # of recievers for 10,000 customers...?

3. What kind of central station software would be recommended?  Not
only would it need to provide the basics, but I'd like to integrate
call recording too.  I've seen too many horrible setups of recording,
some as bad as using VHS tape...

Any guidance y'all can offer would be wonderful.  Thanks.