Re: Compact cheap "surveilance" camera

In article <44a12884$0$96999$742ec2ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
 SMS <scharf.steven@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Total overkill!! Everyone is thinking in terms of connecting computers
>
> Overkill, but very inexpensive. Even a wildlife camera will end up
> costing more than connecting a cheap web cam to a surplus computer.

Except in my situation where there would be nowhere to park a computer
even if I had a surplus one, with real difficulty wiring up a web cam in
the best positions for capturing intruders. A stand-alone camera is much
more viable.

> > Actually the tip earlier in this thread is getting very close. Some
> > interesting stuff coming up on eBay when I searched for
> > "Trail Camera".
>
> Yes, from Cabela's you can buy a wildlife camera that will do the job
> for about $80 (item QT-417136).

It's surprising what is around once I locked onto the term 'Trail
camera'. Caleba were interested in the concept of a security camera
performing a similar function to their Trail cameras, so I'm waiting
with interest to see what they come up with.

--
~IRO
(enzed = nz)