Re: Simon test

Mark, I put one system up experimentally. It's a 738 Paradox Esprit
communicating in Contact ID. I can't download it because of the VoIP, but it
has sent several alarms and always sends it's daily test signal. However, I
still won't use VoIP for alarms (even when it works which is about 50% of
the time I'm told by others), for all the reasons near and dear to our
heart...:))

The way I look at it, if the client won't spend $19 a month for a landline
to keep his alarm system integrity sound, I don't want him as a customer. I
know that attitude is "burying my head in the sand" considering the forecast
for VoIP, but when you're swamped with too many customers coming through the
door anyway, why take on a built in liability.

For once, ADT has gotten it right...don't do it !

RHC