Re: HVAC installer puts 220 down 24 vac duct detect

Nick Markowitz wrote:
> Hi everyone
> This idiot HVAC installer hooked up  transformer disconnect line for the
> duct detector with the normal brown 18/2 low voltage cable on the 230vac
> side of the transformer
> instead of the 24vac side and caused a major flashover when i went to hook
> in the duct detector he did this on all 4 roof units and when the building
> inspector called and demanded an answer the guy gives him i thought it was
> suppose to be that way.
> Needless to say this crack head  and his outfit will not be doing any more
> installs in that community any more.
> and is getting back charged for all the damage he caused.
> I know there are idiots out there but i seem to find more of them than
> anyone else.
> Is it just me or are HVAC companys hiring nothing but crack heads lately to
> do there work. This is not the first time this contractor got into trouble
> on this job.

It's not just HVAC guys.  I heard a great one yesterday...

I was investigating some intercom issues at a gas station, and I called the guy
who originally installed them.  Apparently all the wiring for the pump intercoms
run up through the canopy, which the electrical contractor knew full well
(including their locations) when he grabbed a Sawzall and started cutting out
holes in the soffit for the lights.  Sliced right through the camera wires, AC
conduits...