disconnect AC power for Commander 2000 alarm

All,
    I have a Commander 2000 home alarm system (by ITI, which has been
purchased by GE, I think).  The product is discontinued.

I am trying to completely shut off power to this system.  Last night, I
could not seem to find a transformer that feeds power to this system.
So, if I want to try again today, the questions are:
1. I can just disconnect some wires inside the control panel right?  If
so, which wire is the one to disconnect?  And how to "disconnect"?  I
saw some wires looped around some kind of screws.  Can I just unscrew?
This should be low-voltage since the panel is fed by a low-voltage
source through the transformer, correct??

2. If I find the transformer and it is the hard-wired type, how do I
disable or disconnect/unplug this from the power source?

3. Once I remove power from the panel and take out the backup battery -
the alarm will be completely dead correct?  Even if some of the sensors
have low battery, it will NOT make the annoying beep at night anymore,
correct?

Thanks,
LH