Re: Power failures & LED status

>I have a BRK fire detector & a BRK CO detector hard-wired in my home.
> During a recent power failure, both LEDs (red on fire, green on CO)
> went off.
>
> Is this expected behavior, or are both the battery backups dead?  I
> find it hard to believe they would NOT use the LEDs during a power
> failure, since the power drain would be minimal.

For many makes that is indeed normal behavior during a power failure.  While
the LED uses only a small amount of power the unit will function longer
without the LED glowing.  Also, the LED is supposed to indicate "normal"
operation.  Normalcy would include having 110 VAC connected.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics