Re: Is it legal to have surveillance cameras at home?

Survaillance (video) is not/should not be a problem in the common areas.
Some may resent it at first but it goes away. If they "really" don't like
it, they can move. Recording audio is problematic almost everywhere without
consent, prior to recording, from all parties. There are both local State
laws and Federal laws to investigate prior to recording audio.You are not
going to get this consent in the application you are talking about. It would
be best to consult with an attorney, the Washington State Attorney General
office, the Washington State Alarm Association, the National Burglar and
Fire Alarm Association, etc. that have knowledge about the State of
Washington and Federal law. You will get alot of opinions from a forum like
this, but they are just that, "opinions". Don't get into trouble while
trying to do something for the good of the community by making an uneducated
decision or one based on opinions. Let us know what you find out. It will be
an education for all of us. Good luck!