Re: Napco MA3000 - Dialer Test on both Lines?

"Rube Goldburg" <robberbass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Ok.  Two programmable relays are set to interrupt a  24-hour test zone and
> to short phone line 1 at the designated time.  This causes the panel to
> report the 24-hour zone as a silent alarm, but the code/zone is configured
> at the c-station to be viewed as a test signal.

assuming [ you know what that means] that there is a "spare" zone on the
panel.

Seeing as you ar not qualified to actuyally do this I find it interesting
that you would suggest this to some unsuspecting diyer just to get them to
buy parts.
And if the building burns down and the diyer is in court and the attorney
ask why would you install a system that doesn't have the capability to send
test signal on both lines as required by code?  And you changed the SIA or
CID codes at the Central Station to pull the wool over the AHJ eyes and get
your system passed when it obviously doesn't meet code?  Where did a diyer
come up with this rube goldberg design?  Where will bass be?  Obviosly no
licensed fire alarm installer would do something like this.   This must be
why FL is changing the regs to stop unlicensed parts clerks from giving
advise on system design.

>A third relay can be triggered by "general trouble" and run in series with
>the phone shorting relay so that line 1 will not short out if the panel is
>currently experiencing a trouble condition.
>
> Here's an interesting thing about the MA3000 when used with the 2-line
> dialer board.  If either line develops a trouble condition during a
> reportable event the panel will only display and attempt to report the
> trouble after finishing the original report.  What happened with this
> sequence was the panel would report the 24-hour zone and the line would
> immediately restore.

notice how when shown the error of his ways he starts adding more relays and
changing his rube goldburg design.  This is a classic bassanova.  By the end
of this thread bass MAY actually have this figured out, with hints and ideas
to point him in the right direction from people who actually do this for a
living and then will pretend this was his idea all along.  and the only
reason we doubted him in the first place was because some unknown persons
supposedly don't like DIY.  How long before this turns up on one of his
sites as another gem of knowledge  from the brain of the robber bAss.