Re: TEST

Ventura wrote:
> hi,
>
> just curious and confused...

Don't be.

> it was my understanding that USENET is moderator free,
> and this is obviously a usenet group, distributed and
> spun worldwide through independant systems
>
> if a portion is hosted as a gateway on Google or some other
> private network, then that segment could be moderated
> (or censored) but since USENET does not filter an allowed
> or disallowed list of posters, and since all posts are not
> spun first through any single gateway, then moderation is
> actually not viable (as far as I know)

There is no "moderation".

> and second, if it IS moderated and you found a way to
> do that through USENET, (cool) then why aren't the trolls
> moderated out of this group? i've only been hanging around
> for a short time, but it is obvious you have a few people
> who pretty much do nothing but trash other people and their posts

His title (if you want to call it that) is entirely self appointed and
deliberately deceptive.  ASA has no "Moderator" (or Group Host).  Stick
around.  I don't have him kill-filtered but most do after awhile as he
tends toward the profane and is often malicious in his attacks.  He also
posts as several aliases.  There's about seven and the count's rising
(sort of like Bass' BBB complaints).  Like Bass he frequently tends to
spam the Group with all sorts of nonsense (mostly about Bass).  He
"runs" several websites all hosted through anonymous servers.
Goofysplace.com, bassburglaralarm.com, alarmsuperstore.com,
altsecurityalarms.com (now redirected to an "association" he's set up).
  Sad really.

The Group's FAQ can be found here:
http://www.yoursecuritysource.com/asafaq.htm.