Re: Humans invisible to heat sensors?

"Petem" <petem001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:NZ%rg.53342$gC3.755269@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> "Zach" <Zach@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de news:
> e8p3mb$da7$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>

>> The security guy who installed my door alarm and cell backup package
>> programmed the door alarm security for 5 zones but he said the cell
>> backup package will only give a signal to the central station only as
>> Zone 1 no matter which zone is broke. He said the problem is he cannot
>> get the ademco alarmnet cell backup system to program with ECP.
>>
>> Do you  know if this guy is really a security expert or just bs'ing to
>> me.
>
> What type of panel do you have?

GE panel which I think is the standard one used by ADT.

> cause the alarmnet device can only connected in ecp to ademco or first
> alert panel and they need to have a revision not too old to handle ecp
> programming..
>
> if you do have such a panel and he could not use the ecp mode..be
> careful..

The cell back up package is ademco alarmnet. I guess that explains why he
told me the cell backup cannot have ecp and ADT will get only signal for
zone 1 no matter which zone is actually broken if electricity is cut off to
the door alarm system. I have a battery backup that lasts for may be an hour
or hour and a half. Would that be enough in case of an emergency ?