Re: REST of the WORLD is ENVIOUS of AMAZING FREEDOM ENJOYED by AMERICANS

Robert L Bass wrote:
>>It would appear that the Left has no use for Free Speech.

> Everybody wants to exercise their freedom of speech.  The problem is most
> people don't want to hear anyone else theirs.

   One of the most cherished rights of man is to be able to speak his
mind on issues of the day without the fear that he will be retaliated
against for it by the government.

   That right is *gone* in America.

> I think it was the comedian Jacov Smirnov whose famous monologue included:
>
> "In America have freedom of speech."
> "In Russia have freedom of speech too."
> "In America have freedom *after* speech.  Nice feature."

   We do?  It's news to me.  All we have are "liberties," which can be
taken away at any time by our masters in government -- without cause,
justification, or recourse.  Our situation is substantively
indistinguishable from that in the old Soviet Union.

   I hope you are perspicacious enough to appreciate the difference.

   In most of the rest of the civilised world, when government officials
violate your fundamental human rights (as defined by the International
Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, which is essentially analogous
to our essentially dead and buried Bill of Rights), you can walk into a
transnational court and sue your government.  Anywhere in the EU, it is
the EU Court; other countries have signed the Optional Protocol and are
obligated to abide by the judgments of an international court.

   But not AmeriKKKA.  Our leaders want us to be just like China.

   In AmeriKKKa, the King can do no wrong.  Judges are immune.  District
attorneys are immune.  Presidents are immune -- and ours has so much as
said that he's not going to follow the laws we passed (in his so-called
"signing statements").  That sort of nonsense isn't even tolerated in
Iran: Judges can be held personally liable for willful misconduct on the
bench as a matter of constitutional law.

   We invade countries without cause, our own GRU monitors our telephone
calls and financial transactions, and routinely retaliate against those
who say what officious bureaucrats don't want to have heard.  If you are
under the strong delusion that you are still free men, you haven't been
paying attention.