Re: Napco MA3000 - Dialer Test on both Lines?

>> Done right the phone connection isn't compromised.
>
> Perhaps you could now explain how this is done

When I have the energy to do so I'll post a small jpg.

>> Not tested at all, the
>> phone connection might in fact be compromised and you wouldn't even know
>> about it.
>
> The customer would have to manually test the second
> line...

One of the reasons systems are often required to do automatic tests is that
customers simply do not test anything on a regular basis.

> while it isn't the best thing to do...

Not even close.

> it's far better than a jury-rigged relay.

I think you mean jerry rigged.  However, there's nothing unusual about the
technique.

> `Try explaining your relay testing system sometime
> to a fire marshall and see what he thinks as he tags
> the system

Actually, I have done that several times but only while the systems were
being approved.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass