Re: dsc power 832 bell operation

> I have installed a dsc power 832 system in my home as it was built.
> Now I am attempting to program the system and all is well so far, but
> when I connect the "bell" circuit to my indoor siren, it produces a low
> volume churp which I can not figure out why or how to turn off.  It
> does not time out based on the bell timer and I show no alarms on the
> panel.  I did not install any resistors in the circuit.  Any ideas??

IIRC, the panel has a supervision voltage across the bell terminals, similar
to what Napco does.  With Napco panels you can sink the voltage (and kill
the low volume tone) by wiring a 2200 Ohm resistor across the outputs.
Presumably the same will work on DSC, however, it may be possible to program
the feature out.  I rarely program DSC so someone else will have to tell you
for sure.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass