Scantronic 9800 bF every 5 minutes

Typical time for something like this to happen, approximately every 5
minutes a get a bF error and the internal alarm is going off. I gather
this is a battery fault in the control panel.
Is there anything I can do about it now to stop the internal alarm
going off, or to fix it entirely ( I assume an engineer code is
required to replace the battery ?)

Thanks
Colin