Re: Can security experts break an ADT alarm system

Brent wrote:
> Can security experts break anybodys door alarm system by reprogramming it
> and making the system useless or control it remotely ?

How are you defining "security experts"?  Professional theives would
have to know the panel's telephone number, unique CSID, and downloading
code.  They'd also have to know what kind of security system you have
because one manufacturer's downloading software won't work with another.

As far as licensed security professionals go, it *is* possible to
disable a system remotely but they wouldn't dream of doing something
like that.  We're in the business of *protecting* people.  Your question
is like asking a Police officer if he would ever rob a bank.

> Is it normal for the door alarm panel not to ask for code, when "stay" is
> pressed. The manual says it will ask for the code when "Stay" is pressed.

It depends on how ADT programmed the system.  You can "quick arm" most
controls without a code (that feature is activated by your installer).
You will need the code to *disarm* the system.  The installer code will
*not* disarm the system if it's armed with a regular user code on an
Ademco, First Alert, or FBI panel with the exception of some of the
smaller systems where the installer code is also the master code (Vista
10 for instance).