Re: I'm gonna get robbed...

"Frank Olson" wrote...

> I wouldn't use *any* X-10 component as the only means of alerting you to a
> problem with your security system.  X-10 is unsupervised and isn't
> considered reliable.  Simon will output to a remote siren AFAIK.

Simon's internal system can simply be unplugged.  However, this is the same
siren used for entry/exit delay beeps and whatever else, so you won't be
reminded to turn off the system when you come home.

Either way, the OP mentioned extremely loud sirens.  Neither the Simon
series or the Allegro has anything close to loud, especially when you can
just hold your hand, a pillow, etc. over it.  I've never installed external
sirens to either system, so I can't speak on those though.

For such a cheap place, maybe neatly surface-run white wire would be OK?  In
that case, you wouldn't be limited to wireless.