Re: Laminated (safety) Glass for windows-- two questions

Some years ago, I looked into this option of security film. It's a good one
for the correct commercial application, when you have lots of area to cover
and don't want the store to look like a jail !! However, the downside is,
it's quite expensive, and is only as secure as it's attachment to the frame
holding the glass. The other thing is, if it's not immediately obvious to
the thief that it is present, they may try to break the glass, and even if
they don't get in, the owner will then have to replace BOTH the glass and
the expensive security film for the new window...

Bars were for many years my speciality, and I still do lots of bar work.
However, you have to be very careful where you put them. Basement windows
are an obvious spot, but NOT a good idea if that window is in an area where
someone could be sleeping in a basement bedroom. At the very least, all bars
should be inside mounted and should be openable by a common key, and that
key should be visibly posted near the window but out of reach of it. I used
to make up a visible decal, with the key pinned to the middle of the decal.
But bottom line, that key can still get lost or misplaced !!

Some of the companies making bars now do some very nice, decorative work !!

RHC

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html