Re: DSConnected

"alarman" <alarman2000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:_vcuf.1289$jR.520@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Bob Worthy" <securinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > What kinda problems are you guys having? I've got over 700 accounts with
> the
> > the DSC product installed and over 500 of them are the "Power Series".
> What
> > is or isn't happening with yours? We've seen absolutely no problems that
> > would make me want to change.
>
> I had a few fail about 5 years ago because of defective bridge rectifiers.
> Since that time I have had no issues. I use the 5010, 5020, and 1555
> regularly with no problems. The wireless is good. I suspect a lot of
> installers overload the power supplies, which are good for only 500ma or
so.
> js

I am not going to say that I was surprised by the post concerning problems,
but I just haven't seen them.With as many DSC panels as we have out there
and going through 6 hurricanes in the last two years with no problems, I
want to know if there is a time laiden problem with this product. Remember
the old Moose 911? It started to sporadically loose its programming after
about 10 years. On the wireless side of DSC, have you tried that new
receiver adaptor, connecting the 900 and 433 Mhz devices, yet?