Re: Never had an alarm before but...

> Note that DSC is a Canadian company...

I just noticed that in the OP's message he mentioned being in Canada.  I
concur that Bob Campbel is an excellent source of information.  I'm not fond
of DSC though.  If I had to choose a Canadian make for my own, I'd probably
go with Paradox.

Bob C might not be catering to DIYers any more.  If he still is, definitely
go with him.  If not, I'd be happy to accommodate

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics