Re: Slomins vs ADT vs Brinks vs any other home security system vendor

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 14:26:31 GMT, "Mike" <wxyz09@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>How would you rate ADT when compared to the other companies eg, S, B and M?
>What would you change about ADT on the customer level?
>
>Mike

Mike,

I manage a group within ADT's national accounts division that handles
our largest commercial and government customers.  I've worked within
local sales and services offices as well.

First, some facts:  ADT is by far the largest electronic security
company in the industry.  Go to sdmmag.com and click on SDM100 for a
look at the industry.  ADT is the only company in the industry with a
fully redundant network of customer monitoring stations.  These five
monitoring stations are located throughout the United States and are
configured so that is one becomes overloaded or is forced to close,
alarm signals are automatically redistributed to the others.  ADT is
the only national company that offers services in all industry market
segments from basic residential to commercial, industrial, and
government customers.  ADT has been a GSA Federal Supply Schedule
holder for over 20 years and supplies more electronic security to our
government than any other company.  ADT is involved in numerous
homeland security pilot projects to help develop technology used in
the war on terrorism.  Google "operation Safe Commerce" for an
example.  ADT has several sole source contracts with the federal
government including a contract with the US Marshals Service to
install and maintain security, video, and access control systems in
every Federal Courthouse in the country.  If that isn't enough, ADT
also has a national account with Brinks.  We install the security
systems on their cash vaults.

Now my opinion:  There are a lot of fine local alarm companies out
there.  There are also a lot of bad ones.  Be sure of what you are
getting.  Who monitors their alarms?  How do they handle service?  Who
owns the equipment?  How long have they been in business?  Is their
central station UL Listed? Etc.