Re: Obsolete or not????

ABLE_1 wrote:
>>>Actually the panel is only using 6 zones.  By my count that would mean
>>>there are 3 zones available.

I would only use zones 7 & 8.  Never used Zone 9 and right now I can't
remember why.... But we never do.  (perhaps there is no reason not to...)

>>No reason her existing panel shouldn't work just fine then... again,
>>unless there are additional features or functions she needs.
>

> No, just hardwire two windows and one door.  That was my point that the
> "installer" was looking to upgrade another unsuspecting female.  He thought
> she was a push over.  Wish I had a video when he comes back in January.

It is possible that the company isn't familiar with Ademco or First
Alert and don't have programming capability but I sort of doubt that.

Its a decent panel that works well.  The last one I installed was about
a year and a half ago.  It will work with all current ademco expanders
in the event you do run out of zones or need to add wireless.
Only thing I'm not sure about is the FA-700 keypad...