Re: Monitoring Peevs

Since we added Caller ID to our T1's it's amazing what we've been able
to do with it.  If a signal comes from a phone number the alarm panel
doesn't normally call from, it alerts the operator of a possible bogus
signal, and if the caller # is in our database it lets them know what
account the signal probably Really came from.  You can also setup an
account to reject signals based on Format (how many times have you
gotten called about a 4x2 signal on a Contact ID account, or
visa-versa).  We've had old accounts come online from 10 years ago and
start reporting on an account that got re-used, but was reporting a
different format.  Originally we created the procedures to ignore by
format, now we can divert incoming calls (based on callerid) to a busy
signal if we don't calls from the old account (caller hears busy
signal, we don't pay for the 800 call).