Re: smoke and co detectors

http://www.clipsal.com.au/consumer/products/DandC_Elec/safety/firetek_smoke_alarms/Flush_Mounted_Smoke_Alarms

> Any problems with these?

Only a problem if you're trying to use them in North America.  Since it
appears (from your header information) that you're not, I don't see any
problem.  :-)

> I am also looking for a smoke / co tester for use in the garage - any
> comments on good brands or problems with these?

Not a good idea.  Unless of course you're looking at a large public
garage where you may wish to control the levels of CO through the use of
exhaust and fresh air fans.  In a normal two car garage, though,
mounting a CO or Smoke Detector in it will only result in many
irritating false alarms.  Postion the CO detector near your bedroom and
main living areas.