Re: Connecting two DMP alarms together? Outputs to Zones? Possible?

Okay, I tried posting a couple times but they never made it through.
Here's another try.

Actually the system isn't commericial. The XR200 is attached to the
house, and the XRSuper6 is attached to a garage. All the zones are used
up in the house, except for  7 and 8.

I'm not a professional alarm system installer. I'm just a DIY, with the
only experience being DMP panels.

You are right, that I could have brought the fire zone and burglary
into to the XR200, but I didn't want to do that. I wanted the garage to
be armed separate.

So the only way I thought I could tie the two systems together would be
if I used the annuciator outputs of the XRSuper6.

Regardless of industry best practices (which I 100% respect), shouldn't
I be able to do accomplish this?

I'm starting to understand more about how the outputs work, ie going to
ground when triggered. I realize that if I tie into aux power, and use
the output, when the alarm is triggered I will get 12V across the line.
When the output is not active, I somehow need to come up with a
normally closed circuit. Would I need to use a transistor or relay
somehow?

Again, thank you all for your responses. I really appreciate it.

I have a couple more questions about DMPs keypad bus system. But I will
start another topic.

Thanks,
-- Jason Millard