Re: Looking for Wireless Security Manufacturer

Brett Griffin wrote:
> I am trying to find the name of the company and a website address.
>
> What I know is they made a lower cost alternative for security contacts that
> would work with the GE and Ademco panels.  I know one of the companys tried
> to sue this compnay for patent infringement but they this company won
> because of "rf" is public domain from what I recall.
>
> Does this sound familiar to anyone?  I have tried searching the 3 main serch
> engines but no luck, thought I would try here.
>
> --
> BG

Just a little alert to everyone.

There's a company that I'm hearing more about recently by the name of
Secure Wireless. They're sales approach seems to be the they have
receivers
and transmitters that will replace the transmitters and receivers of
the major
manufacturers.

That's not entirely true however. In my case, I was going to
try the equipment on a relatively small wireless job. I got the
installation instructions and found that although they're selling
"compatable" transmitters and receivers a lot cheaper than the what is
usually the going rate,  they also don't do all the things that the
original manufacturers equipment does. I discovered that although it
was advertised as a replacement for Napco equipment it couldn't tell
you the signal strength of the transmitters. I stopped right there. I
wouldn't use it for that reason alone. They say that they'll have that
option in the future. ......... I don't know what else it doesn't have
but I think I'll just kinda wait for signal strength capability to
appear, before I look at it again.  I'd suspect that it may not have
some of the other receiver capabilities either, such as receiver
supervision or interference detection or multiple receiver capability.
Also, range and penetration on the Napco wireless is hard to beat, but
that kind of information, on a new wireless product, only comes with
useage. YMMV.

If you're considering using Secure Wireless products as a replacement
for your present manufacturers wireless components, while using your
present manufacturers panels, I think it would be prudent  to compare
it, point for point, feature by feature.