Re: Installing alarm system on a 'prewired' house

> Yah probably as bad as one of my salesguys going out to a huge house and
> bidding the job based on the fact that all doors/windows had contacts. NOT !

One of my favorite sales calls was a couple in a rural town in
Connecticut.  They'd scheduled an "authorized dealer" sales rep
to make his presentation several hours before me.  He showed up a
little late -- understandable sine the place was somewhat out in
the boondocks.  He was still there when I arrived.

I got there a few minutes early and saw his car in the driveway
so I waited a few minutes and then just walked up and rang the
bell.  The other guy was miffed that I was interrupting his
pitch... er, security survey.  Oh, well.

Anyway, the fun part came a few minutes into my presentation.  As
I walked around the house I explained how we would protect each
window and door, where we'd place motion, glass breakage and
smoke detectors, etc.  The homeowner asked if I was going to use
wireless.  I said no, we prefer to hard-wire our systems.  He
said that, "ADT says they can't wire this king of house because
it's a raised ranch" with a finished basement.

I had already wired plenty of similar homes so I just said,
"Maybe they can't but I've done it plenty of times.  It's really
not a problem."  Needless to say, I got the job.  Some of these
competing salesman can be real blessing... for their competitors.
:^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass