Re: DIY is a rocky road.

For the most part the installation manuals are written for their main
customer base which is the professional installer and as such they assume
that the reader has a basic understanding of alarm systems and of the
terminology used in the industry, its not a  conspiracy to cause the demise
of DIYs or anything other that the desire to tailor the manual to their
target audience. I personally don't want to read a beginners guide to alarm
systems when I read the an installation manual any more than an auto
mechanic wants to read a Dummy's Guide to Automobile Engines when all he
wants to know is the  torque wrench figures for the main bearings or how far
to advance the timing.

Doug L