Re: EOL's

"Robert L Bass" wrote in message

"Al Colombo"
> <securitymission@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>  He made up the
> conversation to suit his own weak ego.

Was that comment necessary?  Al has never flamed you that I know of.

> > He has no idea about my background...

> Your foreground being what it is, it's difficult even to see your
> background.

Being your same old self, I see Robert.

> > I think it's not that hard to tell a "reporter" who writes
> > about security from someone who's worked in the
> > field.
>
> I never said you hadn't worked in the field many years ago.

Such as yourself.

> I said that most of the stuff you "write" is just quotes from what
> others have written for you.

Part of being a *reporter*. (reporter: to serve as a carrier of a message;
to relate the words or sense of something said) So what is your point,
Robert?

> > I've never elaborated much in the news group or in
> > any of the mags concerning my past.  Perhaps it's
> > time to do that...
>
> Yes, tell us about your "degree" as an engineer's assistant.
> Which university was that?

Condescending remarks outline your true worth to humanity, Robert.

>>I was a Nutone Independent Installing Dealer as well >>as a
> > Nutone Service Center...
>
> Ah, yes.  Nutone Intercoms.  They were junk even by the standards
> at the time.  I've ripped out more Nutone intercoms than I care
> to recall.  We'd bring sheet rock and lots of spackle every time
> we replaced one since the old Nutones were huge, recessed boxes.

Should have sent them to Al for repair. I am sure the customer would have
been far happier than to have that patch job in house. To bad you didn't at
least have an alternative product to offer them.

> I've yet to see a 5-year old Nutone intercom that was still
> working.

Shows the level of your field experience.

> I sell replacement parts for them only because most
> people don't want to fix the huge holes that would be left in
> their walls if they replaced them with better quality hardware.

You sell replacement parts because that is what you are in business to do.
What kind of BS are trying to push here Robert?

> If you were pushing Nutone I can understand why you had to get
> out of the business.

Let's send this thread to the Nutone rep here is Florida, Bob Mondor and see
if they are satisfied with RLB.

 After a while it would take three service
> techs for every installer just to keep up with the constantly
> failing hardware.

Yah, I'll forward it.

> > I also held a distributorship with tekTone and Faraday.
>
> That's nice.  I have relationships with almost every major
> manufacturer and distributor in the industry.

We already know that you were a lay mistress. A quote from RLB. Before I
went into the biz, I looked like
this....(I)  After I got into the biz, with all my relationships, I now look
like this....(0).. or was that after you got out.

> You were a plumber, too.

No, those are all your past buddies...hey hey hey

> When I get
> back to Florida I'll give you a call.  We have a drain that keeps
> getting clogged and...

That is just hamburger grease, try drinking some degreaser :^)

> Knowing how little SDM pays vs the potential income from
> operating an alarm company, one wonders what problems led to your
> dismissal.

Why would **one** give two hoots? It is what it is.

> > While I worked for that firm...
> > --- snip ---
> > You can't help but pick up a thing or two with that kind
> > of experience...
>
> Perhaps if you had learned a thing or two about resistor
> tolerance I'd believe you.

Why would making a mistake or a statement that was left open to
interpetation be reason for you to not believe anything he has to say, other
than you simply being you.

> > I re-entered the field in 2001 when I resigned from SDM.
>
> Why did they fire you?

Where did you get that? I don't see it in his statement or any statement he
made in this post.

>SDM is a pretty tolerant outfit.

As if you know.

> > I ended up working at a large electrical firm where I
> > establshed a low-voltage company.  We were in the
> > black in about 2 years and three months. I resigned
> > from there in the fall of 2004 when I signed on full
> > time with SSI.
>
> So here you were, running a successful alarm company again and
> yet you took a major pay cut to become a reporter for a third
> rate trade mag?  What's wrong with this picture, Al?

What is wrong is that you are trying to spin something that isn't there.
Stop and think people make career changes for many different reasons. While
I am copying NuTone maybe Mike Zawinski would like to know what the founder
of, what ever webstore you are calling it today, thinks of SSI.

>Why is it
> that every time you work for someone else you end up "resigning"
> as soon as they are on their feet?

Ever stop to think that the challenge to some is to get companies on their
feet and when that happens the challenge is over? On to the next one.

> Could it be that there's an
> underlying personality disorder or are you just making this stuff
> up?

Or are you just try to dig up a reaction so that you can continue your
sarcasm.

> > Thanks for letting me ramble on.
>
> Feel free to ramble at any time.

And if you continue to reply with sarcasm and condescending remarks, I will
be there to out your over inflated ego mixed with some sort of mental
impairment.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Another day just chaulk full of kicks and
giggles!!!!!! Keep um coming Robert.