Jim Rojac - speed dome cameras

Jim,
It seems I recall you had some experience with speed dome cameras.  I'm
tempted to pick one up on eBay, but I'm concerned that most do not
include the mount or backplate with the mating connectors for the
camera.

I hope to control the camera with 4-wire output (rs485) ptz output from
my dvr.

Can you tell me what I should be looking for and what to avoid and what
I need to put this all together?

I'm trying to keep the whole ball of wax under $1,000 for a single
camera.

Thanks for letting me pick your brain.

John