Re: Compass stupidity.

news:Vt6dnR44SNJDh33enZ2dnUVZ_smdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

| > This one pissed me off today. Took over a Pro 1 install on saturday,
fixed
| > bunch of mistakes on a Vista 10. Compassed it several times over the
| weekend
| > to take out o/cs and add zone descriptions, no problem. Last night an
| upload
| > to the panel failed, I figured they were online with computer or
something
| > so I'd try again this morning. No go.
|
| You sure it was during an upload and not a download? The V10, 4110 and
| Via-30's did berry berry bad things if they drop off during a download,
| usually it changes the CSID, forces the panel into call back mode and
screws
| up the installer code

Compass calls loads backwards...but, I was loading TO the panel.

| > Owner called me this morning telling me the panel was displaying Oil
| Burner
| > Override and Ambush Trouble...just weird messages and zones numbers that
| > didn't exist like 53?
|
| Heh...yup, I always get edgy when starting to download a V10
|
| > Had him reset panel, try to get into programming with installer
code...no
| > go.
|
| He'll have to power it down then back up and get in that way

I had him try that...but didn't think to try the *+# method, just had him
try installer code and default. I may mess with it this weekend and see if I
can get to the probably scrambled installer code...or just shit can it.

| > Call techsupport...oh  yeah if that happens the panel is locked out and
| you
| > cant fix it. WHAT? It doesn't do error checking when programming and
then
| > roll back to old programming if errors are found? No. Are you kidding
me?

| On that panel it must download everying at once, the higher panels do
error
| checking during the transfer and therefore do not have problems if they
drop

| > Off to ADI to buy a 10P
|
| That one won't have the same problems

The replacement went smooth. He's happy besides I like the Auto Stay
feature...and he gets a new warranty blah blah blah.