Re: Legality of video survaillence

They can't expect a right to privacy in a building, that is posted, that
there is video survaillence. There is no audio involved I would take it, so
that is a moot point. As long as the cameras are not in bathrooms and
breakrooms (which I don't believe is restricted), dressing rooms and other
areas where one would expect privacy, you shouldn't have a problem. Audio is
the sticky point. That could get everyone in trouble if certain quidelines
are not followed. It goes along the same lines as wiretaping. The
complaintants would have a tough argument if everything is posted and
installed as it should be. An employer has every right to monitor his
property, the visitors to the property, production areas, internal and
external thief, insurance issues and the fact that it will create a safer
workplace. Right off the bat, the complaintants raise of flag of possible
internal thief. Check with the Ohio Alarm Association. I am sure you will
find what you are looking for without an attorney.