Re: Need Advice For Packaged Home Alarm Purchase

> How are windows wired for alarms these days?

The usual approach is to install magnetic sensors ("contacts") on
all accessible windows.  These can be recessed or surface mount.
I carry a fairly broad range of them in my online store.  Browse
around this link to learn a little about the different types:

http://bassburglaralarms.com/category_36.htm

> They don't use tape anymore?

I know.  :(

You can add a measure of protection against someone smashing the
glass by installing glass break detectors.  Some installers love
glass breaks and others hate them.  I've had good results with
IntelliSense (now Honeywell) glass breaks on my own installations
as well as lots of DIY jobs.  Here's another link:

http://bassburglaralarms.com/category_41.htm

Hope that helps.

--

Regards,