Re: Don't click on RLBs post unless you wanna clog your newsreader searching for a million links

> This takes forwever to download even on broadband
> and totally clogs up my newsreader.

Before clicking on any post you should note the number of lines
in the post.  That's a holdover from the old days when 300-Baud
modems were considered fast.

Several of the major search engines, including Google, spider
USENET posts as well as the WWW, looking for links to various
websites.  These are catalogued and can affect a website's
placement within "content match" search results.

For example, suppose someone is looking for "Extreme CCTV".  I
have ~6,000 pages related to Extreme CCTV on my website.  By
listing them all periodically, say once a week in several
appropriate newsgroups I let Google know that there is a lot of
information on my site matching the search term, "Extreme CCTV".

Take this one step further.  I list something on the order of
2,000 CCTV camera models on my website.  If someone searches for
CCTV cameras, I stand a better chance of being among the early
content match responses than someone who doesn't make occasional
PR posts.  This is a process.  It's nowhere near done yet.  It
can take six months or more for the content matching to take
affect.

The other side of this is that a few members of the IB questioned
the veracity of my earlier post wherein I mentioned the scope of
my website.  I thought they might like to read a few of the
pages.  :^)

www.BassBurglarAlarms.com is indeed one of the largest DIY
websites in the security industry.  The site design involves both
brief and detailed pages for each product, plus category type,
category and sub-category pages for various product groups.

I'm planning to add over 30,000 new products this year.  By this
time next year there should be somewhere between 120,000 and
150,000 pages in each of my websites.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass