Re: EOL's

In the old days we had electrolytics that would absorb moisture and
paper resistors that would to the same.  I loaded an older 120 VAC
camera to my cousin, an extra clsss ham, and when the electrolytic
filter blew, he did not know what it was.  He described the sound as a
hissing sound.  I told him where it was and what to do and he fixed the
camera.  He told me later that his training, being more recent, did not
include electrolytics, which I find hard to believe.

If you have kept your old radios in an environment with a fairly low
humidity level, it's possible not to have problems I suppose.  Is that
the case with your basement?

Al

----
www.e-commkoisk.com