Re: Need Advice For Packaged Home Alarm Purchase

"Russell Brill" <russwbrill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> I never bid a job without looking the site over... The only Dealers that
> do that are the dummies and mass marketers..... Also, most small alarm co
> owners like to meet potential customers to gage the Pain-In-The-Ass
> Factor... PITAF questions: Does the customer Bitch and Moan about
> everything under the sun during the site survey? Is he/she a price fanatic
> (A.K.A. CHEAP)? Does the customer act as if the Dealer is his/her employee
> (a bossy prick)... If the answer is yes to any of the PITAF questions,
> than a price increase is in order (or a pass)... Oh, almost forgot this
> one: BIG RED FLAG, hi my name is ______, I'd like to get a quote for a
> home alarm, I just need something simple (A.K.A. CHEAP), it's an easy
> installation, so it shouldn't take to long or cost very much, please call
> me back ASAP... YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYa, I'll jump right over to the phone and
> return your call........ ha ha ha ha ha...
>
> So Mike, why do you think the locals aren't returning your calls??? Is
> there a RED FLAG over your head???

I' never talked to them in the first place I call leave a message with an
answering service
then might get a call back the next day or so or might not.  Of the ones I
spoke with they call back after initial call or interview.
I see it as the good ones do what they what to do.  I suspect the big money
is in arming the big mcmansions in the
county.  If ADT didn't charge $42.99 a month monitoring fee it would've been
a done deal.  Oh, and I'm in my office and 25% of my work day in the field,
such as it is, the rest of ther day.

Mike